2018/19 Winter Apex Camp – Dec 7-12,, 2018
Camp is optional for U12, strongly recommended for U14+
Location: Apex Resort
- We ski 5 days (5 nights accommodating). First day is a travel day. Last day is a half day session.
- The team accommodation is provided (5 nights) with typically 2 chaperones (based on the number of participants). Alternatively, racers can stay with their families if they are not interested or ready to stay in the team accommodation (there is a discounted accommodation for club members at Apex Lodge).
- Food is provided – lunch on the hill (a lunch menu in a local cafeteria – typically a soup and some kind of sandwich and fruit), breakfast, snacks and dinners in the cabin (healthy meals)
- Days are busy, starting at 7 am with a morning warm-up run and stretches (even if it is -20C); skiing until 2.30 pm, an afternoon rest and homework time, a dryland afternoon session. The day finishes with a video session and dinner at the cabin. Lights out 9-9.30 the latest.
- Kids ski on a ski camps dedicated hill and training is focused on technical skills, gate training etc. If more terrain is open, also technical free-skiing around the mountain.
- the costs for 5 days vary based on the number of participants, but is around $750 all inclusive. if the mountain is open to public kids can use their season passes and even Canada Snow Pass (grade 4/5) that would provide some savings.
If a parent is interested in chaperoning, please contact Ivana at ivana.safar
In addition to a great (and guaranteed) progress kids make after 5 days on snow, the social aspect and friendship/team building is a very strong component of this camp.
This camp fills up quickly.
If you are interested in having your child attend, please contact Ivana at [email protected] to register your spot.